ParisTech - China Scholarship Council Program « 9+9 »
In 2000, ParisTech, with the strong support of the Chinese Ministry of Education, set up with Chinese universities and ParisTech « Grandes Ecoles » Schools of Engineering, an exchange program called “9+9 Program” that aimed at selecting, and training in France Chinese students in all fields of Engineering. In 2012, the Program was extended to 12 Chinese Universities, including the previous ones. In 2016, the Program was extended to individual applications from students enrolled in any Chinese university.
In view of this long-lasting collaboration between China and France, together with a continuously increasing number of Chinese students selected for the « 9+9 » Program, or pursuing double degrees in ParisTech schools, the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and ParisTech established a collaborative arrangement for the purpose of ensuring a sustainable partnership strengthening the Sino-French cooperation in education and training of multicultural engineers.
The ParisTech – CSC graduate program scholarship is opened to students – young women and young men - recruited through the 9+9 Program, as well as students admitted at a ParisTech school through a double degree program.
For a description of the scholarship program on the CSC website, please check here (in Chinese).
COVID-19 IN FRANCE
The pandemic is under control in France thanks to a high level of vaccination in the population.
In ParisTech schools, 95% of the students and of staff are vaccinated. All schools implement the governmental sanitary instructions (hydroalcoholic gel, masks if needed). The schools take care of international students.
Before arriving in France, please read carefully the instructions on CampusFrance webpage before arrival and the governmental recommendations when you are in France.
If you have to observe a period of isolation on arrival, ParisTech schools will accompany you and stay tuned to organise the courses for you.
Please note that registration in the French health insurance system is mandatory and free of charge and will entitle you to reimbursement of your health care expenses. All international students are guided in applying for a medical insurance card If you need to be vaccinated when you arrive in France, it will be free of charge. Testing is also free of charge if you are vaccinated.
ParisTech schools organise everything so that you can follow courses even if you need to be isolated during a few days when you arrive.
The previous years under COVID-19, ParisTech schools managed to host their international students while coping with all sanitary conditions provided by the French authorities.
You are warm welcome in France !
The scholarship is intended at applicants going to France to study at a ParisTech schools for a period of 18 to 36 months. Please note that the scholarship funding period only covers 18 to 24 months. If students were to stay more than 24 months in France, they should apply individually for an extension of their stay to CSC.
The scholarship is opened to students recruited through the “9+9 Program”, and to students selected for double degrees at ParisTech schools - AgroParisTech, Arts et Métiers Sciences et Technologies, Chimie ParisTech – PSL, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, ESPCI Paris – PSL, Institut d’Optique Graduate School, MINES ParisTech – PSL.
The China Scholarship Council provides one-time round-trip international airfare by the most economical route, and a monthly living allowance. Each ParisTech school applies its own rules and regulations for tuition, fees and specific fees according to the governmental regulations of the French Republic. Specific tuition and fees arrangements may apply within the bilateral Double-degree programs.
Students recruited with the Program and Double-degree agreements may benefit from a partial or total tuition waiver. The funding for the scholarship recipient will be from 18 months to 24 months. If students were to stay more than 24 months in France, they should apply individually for an extension of their scholarship to CSC.
- Applicants should meet the basic requirements stipulated in the "Guidelines for the Selection and Assignment of Overseas Chinese Scholars Funded by China Scholarship Council in 2020".
- Candidates who have already been selected to receive an Eiffel scholarship or another governmental scholarship are not eligible for the CSC scholarship.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- Applicants must not be currently working outside China, or hold a foreign permanent residence permit.
- Applicants should have outstanding study performance. They should satisfy both the application criteria set out by the CSC and the ParisTech schools they apply to, including academic and language proficiency. The level in French required at entrance by CSC is a minimal level of B1.
- Candidates must hold an admission letter from the host ParisTech school containing the following information: general student profile, type and length of the program, its scientific domain.
- Applicants for a general master's degree in France (students admitted through the “9+9 Program”) should be excellent fresh graduates recommended by domestic institutions.
- Applicants for the dual master's program in France should be third-year undergraduates, recent undergraduates or first-year masters recommended by domestic institutions.
- At the time of application to a CSC scholarship, applicants should be between 18 years old and no more than 45 years old.
- Applicants must have been successfully selected by ParisTech and been delivered an admission letter. To learn more about ParisTech annual International Admission Program, please check here.
- All applicants must log in to the CSC study abroad platform (http://apply.csc.edu.cn) in March each year, to complete an online application and upload relevant materials. Please select "Foreign Cooperation Project"(国外合作项目), and "Cooperation Scholarship with ParisTech" (与法国巴黎高科发展基金会合作奖学金) to pick the cooperation program within which you are applying for a CSC scholarship.
- The China Scholarship Council entrusts the following institutions to be responsible for the applicants’ selection in China:
- Relevant universities are responsible for accepting applications from their own students;
- Applications for other personals are accepted by the relevant China Scholarship Fund departments.
The China Scholarship Council does not directly accept individual applications.
- After completing the online application, applicants should submit the paper materials to the institutions responsible for their application as soon as possible. These institutions should then review the completeness of the applicant's materials, and submit a written official letter, and the list of recommended applicants to the Eurasian and African Affairs Department of the China Scholarship Council before an annual set date (in April), and submit the applicant's electronic materials through the CSC platform. The written materials of the applicant shall be retained by the institutions responsible for their applications for a period of 3 years.
Applications will be reviewed by CSC experts, and final admissions will be determined in May. The admission materials will be sent to the applicant’s institutions, and then forwarded it to the applicant by his/her institution.
The dispatch time of admitted students is generally in July or August. They must reach the French B1 level before dispatch, and thus can only be dispatched after submitting their French scores on the CSC platform.